10@12 Webinar: Privilege in Corporate Disputes
6th May 2022
- What Company documents are shareholders generally able to access?
- What Company documents are directors generally able to access?
- What are the two different types of legal professional privilege
- What is the basic common law “rule” in relation to a shareholder seeking disclosure of legal advice given to the company?
- When does the exception to the rule arise?
- What justifications have been provided for the rule?
- What are the potential weaknesses in the justifications?
- What about indirect shareholders or beneficial owners or shares?
- What are the potential pros and cons of disclosing/obtaining disclosure of the Company’s legal advice?
- What about if the advice was taken jointly by the company and a shareholder or taken for the benefit of directors or the advice is shared with others?